Are you EXHAUSTED?
How do I rest my brain when I still have work to do?
Good question, right?
I am about to be totally transparent right now . . .
So, as many of you know I looooove what I do. I love the business I am building, my clients and most importantly, I am excited about the future. I have so many plans and great ideas for the new year and that I can’t wait to put them into action. Some would say, I am the happiest I have ever been . . . yes, I would agree with that statement. However, the last couple of weeks I have been feeling . . . well tired! But not like tired from working too hard, I haven’t been working around the clock, or up all night, more like . . . mentally drained. It was like I had been thinking so much, about so many things, in such a short period of time, that my brain was overheating. It was so annoying.
"Was it analysis paralysis, fear of the unknown, procrastination?"
It didn’t feel like any of that. I knew what I had to get done and what steps to take, but each time I would sit down to do them I would think, “I should take a nap, then tackle it tomorrow.” OMG! Do you know what I am talking about?
I can’t believe I am telling you this!
It would be different if I hated what I do, or thought I was putting in too many hours, or didn’t know what move to make next, but that wasn’t the case. Arghhh! It was so annoying!
According to a friend of mine, this is a normal thing, sometimes your brain is just spent and needs time to reboot. But the question remains, how do I rest my brain when I still have work to do?
Well in true Monique fashion, whenever I am in doubt, I get in action. So, I hopped online to look for answers and found a great article by Stu McLaren entitled, “How to Boost Your Mental Energy When You Feel Drained.” PERFECT! These were his top 3 ways to give yourself a boost when you feel drained:
- I listen to music that pumps me up. I sing at the top of my lungs or I dance with the kids.
- I connect with my customers and listen to their stories and the progress and the results that they’re making.
- And, most importantly, I connect to the bigger why.
I loved these! All 3 of these are excellent self-boosters. Then I started to think, what are the things that I love to do that give me inspiration outside of my business?
Here is the list of, “Brain Drain Boosters,” I came up with:
- Curate a “High Vibes” Playlist with all my favourite tunes
- Read my testimonials and remind me of the difference I have made
- Watch inspiring stories of perseverance
- Hop on Pinterest (I love anything travel, style or recipe)
- Plan a getaway with pictures
- Get a spa treatment (this always works for me)
- Get a massage (even 30min moves stagnate energy)
- Help someone else (When we help others we are actually helping ourselves)
- Vision board alone or with a friend
- Go to a movie alone
- Go shopping (this can sometimes be dangerous, but I love to browse when the stores are empty)
- Bake – this is very therapeutic for me, even thinking about muffins makes me smile
- Get near water (this is my calm place)
- Have a dance party in the mirror and dance full out like no one is watching
- Get quiet (yup, meditate or just sit in silence, preferably, in a sauna)
What do you do when you’re feeling “Brain Drained?”
Let’s keep this list going!
“I should just get a regular job like everybody else!” Does this sound like you? Is your entrepreneurial journey feeling more painful than beautiful? If you said yes, then it;s time to grab a life line!
I’m offering a free, 20-minute Clarity Consultation for the first five women who are badass enough to take action and make a change in their business. There are just five 20-minute spots open between now and August 31st. Once they’re booked, that’s it.
If you’re lying awake at night thinking “What the hell am I going to do?” then this is a call you can’t afford not to make. Here’s what to do next. To book one of my free 20-minute Clarity Consults, Click here, Choose your appointment, and enter your details.